Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Google owns 91.47% of Search Engine Market Share on mobile devices as of July 2019
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is one of these terms that gets thrown around so frequently, that as a business owner you are bound to have heard of it, however perhaps that’s where it ends. What about it and why do you need it?
At Casey Marketing Creations I offer my SEO expertise in a few different ways:
This should always be the order that you do things in order to allow you to fully understand what your website is achieving high scores with, and where it can be improved.
Read on below to see what I can do for you and how it all works.
In order to develop any kind of SEO strategy, we would need to evaluate your current situation and the severity of issues preventing your website from ranking.
We need to start with a full SEO Audit Service and this is typically broken into the following technical strategy:
- Cleaning up – we run through basic technical SEO checks that your site needs to fully communicate with Search Engines.
- Organisation – your site’s content needs to be structured for maximum visibility and UX (user experience).
- Presentation – certain elements of your site need to be added, amended, arranged and optimised as these affect click-through rate and will improve the way your search results appear.
- Link Signals – we look at how your pages interact and pass page rank to one another, both internally and externally.
- Security – your site needs to be protected from hackers and all code used within needs to be written and optimised for this purpose
- International SEO – ensure that your site can be accessed and understood correctly by the intended countries
- Speed & Performance – we check that your site is optimised on both desktop and mobile to ensure the best UX for both your users and Google
Let’s break this down further to give you a better idea:
1. Cleaning Up
Googlebot’s ability to crawl and index your site:
- Diagnosing issues and analyzing the data
- Finding broken links’ 404 pages and how to fix them, and
- Finding redirect loops and daisy chains, working out what they are and how to fix them.
Audit your sitemap and look at:
- Orphan and low-value pages
- Finding and diagnosing canonical issues, and
- The pagination of the site and other directives
Things we are looking for and want to diagnose include:
- non-essential pages high up in the hierarchy
- 404s in the sitemap
- redirected pages in the sitemap
- non-seсure pages
- incorrect sitemap formatting
- making sure all URLs are canonical
- checking that it’s referenced in your robots.txt file
- Duplicate Titles or Descriptions
- Duplicate H1 and Titles
- Titles with too much/too little text
- Duplicate Content
- Low Word Count Content
- Low Text to HTML Ratio
- Broken Images & alt attributes
4. Link Signals
- Internal Linking
- Pages crawl depth
- Incoming Links
- Outgoing Links
- Link Distribution
- Pages passing the most internal Page Rank
- UX and Site Navigation
- Remap Internal Links
- Mixed content and how to fix it
- SSL issues
- HTML and CSS issues
- JS issues
- Other tech issues around depreciated technology such as flash
6. International SEO
- Mismatch Issues
- No Lang Attributes
- Hreflang Conflicts
- Incorrect hreflang links
7. Speed and Performance
- Critical Rendering Path.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- Layout and Code
- HTML, Templating and Style Issues