How to Set Up Google Search Console
Following from the previous videos, this week I am here to teach you about Google Search Console.
Google Search Console is all about search engines see your site and read the content in it.
For SEO purposes it’s so important for Google be able to find the data you are looking for, and not stumble across obsolete pages or broken links, and Google Search Console allows us to do just that.
Chapter 1: Tracking - Lesson 3
This is the 3rd of a 5 part series of chapter one which is all about tracking. I talk you through the process of adding your website to Google Search Console, I show you around the basic functions of the dashboard, and finally how to find, create if needed, and submit a Sitemap.
Included in the video
– How to add your website to Google Search Console
– How to verify your website
– How to look at your website’s performance on search engines
– How to find, create and/or submit a sitemap
– How to check for errors on your website
– How to check your internal and external links on your website
– Many other website, Google and SEO related tips for you to take away
The next lesson in the series is really exciting, where I will show you how to use the Google Analytics dashboard to actually analyse all of this data that we have been collecting over the last few weeks during this chapter!
I really hope you can make it there. The final lesson in the chapter is ALL ABOUT YOU! I want to know what you want to learn more about to finish off the tracking chapter.
I also want to hear from you about the theme of Chapter 2. A few suggestions are:
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you!
About the Vlog Channel
Who is this for?
– Those who want a better understanding of what goes on in the background of your website
– Those who want to be less reliant on your developer (and save money in the process!)
– Those who want to be able to turn leads into conversions via retargeting
– Those who want a better basic understanding of Digital Marketing
How will this benefit you?
– Less code on your website means a faster website – great for SEO
– Less relying on your developer to make back-end changes
– The ability to track actions by your customers including page views, clicks and much more (the list is endless) – this means you can re-target and turn leads into conversions
– You will learn how to check and test that all of these actions on your website are being reported – in real time!
How does this work?
The videos are recorded in chapters of approximately 5 videos per chapter.
Chapter 1 is called Tracking.
Included in the chapter:
- How to configure your Google Analytics Settings to ensure that you are collecting the correct data that you later need to retarget your audience and turn leads into conversions
- How to set up Google Tag Manager to begin to track actions on your website such as button and form clicks, how to test that it is configured correctly, and how to enable retargeting on Google Analytics
- How to correctly configure Google Search Console and why it’s so important for SEO
- How to navigate the Google Analytics dashboard to use the new data to our advantage
- TBC – dependent on feedback from other lessons and audience requirements to complete the tracking chapter
Chapter 2 is also TBC, again this is going to be about what YOU guys want to learn about!
Your feedback is crucial so please let me know: