How to Set Up Google Analytics
Following from my previous and first introduction video, this week I am here to teach you about your Google Analytics account, and some very simple but also highly effective configurations you can make to start tracking and to better understand your audience.
This video was created on the assumption that you already have Google Analytics installed, but apart from installing it, you don’t really know if it has been set up correctly to help you to turn website visitors into paying customers!
Chapter 1: Tracking - Lesson 1
This is the first of a 5 part series of chapter one. I talk through the main missed points when setting up Google Analytics (if it was initially set up) and what to look out for.
Included in the video
– important but often missed settings for initial configuration and why they are important including goals, custom alerts and custom views to excluding your own IP address
– a brief introduction into Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console
The next lesson in the series will be released next Friday, and covers setting up properly on Google Tag Manager, again with other relevant marketing advice along the way.
I hope you can make it, and look forward to hearing your feedback!
p.s. sorry for the bad editing, I went into too much detail in some areas and decided better than to include it, but hey, first ever tutorial 😉
About the Vlog Channel
Who is this for?
– Those who want a better understanding of what goes on in the background of your website
– Those who want to be less reliant on your developer (and save money in the process!)
– Those who want to be able to turn leads into conversions via retargeting
How will this benefit you?
– Less code on your website means a faster website – great for SEO
– Less relying on your developer to make back-end changes
– The ability to track actions by your customers including page views, clicks and much more (the list is endless) – this means you can re-target and turn leads into conversions
– You will learn how to check and test that all of these actions on your website are being reported – in real time!
How does this work?
The video are recorded in chapters of approximately 5 videos per chapter.
Chapter 1 is called Tracking.
Included in the chapter:
- How to configure your Google Analytics Settings to ensure that you are collecting the correct data that you later need to retarget your audience and turn leads into conversions
- How to set up Google Tag Manager to begin to track actions on your website such as button and form clicks, how to test that it is configured correctly, and how to enable retargeting on Google Analytics
- How to correctly configure Google Search Console and why it’s so important for SEO
- How to set up and link Google Ads to both Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- TBC – dependent on feedback from other lessons and audience requirements to complete the tracking chapter
Chapter 2 is also TBC, again this is going to be about what YOU guys want to learn about!
Your feedback is crucial so please let me know: